senbala

Friday, June 22, 2007

Hari and Durga

Last week, when I was in Tuty, I visited one of my distance relatives house (its a hut). They have got two childrens, I went to their house, since my mom wants something in that area (Savuriyaarpuram).

I say both their childrens doing their home work, a 9th Std boy and a 4th std girl, both studying in Kamaraj School (a school inside karapettai) they boy was not wearing shirt but was sitting outside his house in the sand and studying.

My mom asked him why cann't u wear a shirt.. The boy said that he has only one shirt, that too his uniform, so he has to wear that tomorrow again to his school. I don't know what to say, but I cann't forget the words and the face expression of that guy while saying that... Evening we went to Abirami Textiles and bought a set of school uniform for that guy (named Hari) and for his younger sister (Durga) and asked my mom to hand over the clothes to them.

We Ex. St. Thomas students is now forming a group for a cause, to help destitute childrens for their education.

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey da...

i saw ur latest blog.. its really hurting to hear such happenings.. may be u can do something not only once.. but many times... try helping them machi... if possible i would also like to contribute something from my side.. wat do u say...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home